As you probably already guessed, the following are some of my top 5 favorites for this last year. It’s been an amazing year that God has blessed me with and I am hoping that 2011 will continue to be an opportunity for me to grow, learn, and experience the beauty of God’s world. Please note that these “Top 5’s” are in no particular order. I simply discovered/experienced or really came to enjoy these things in the last year. I hope you like this blog as much as I have enjoyed the content!
1. Of Men and Angels (The Rocket Summer)
2. Come On Feel The Illinoise! (Sufjan Stevens)
3. City of Black & White (Mat Kearney)
4. Waking Up (OneRepublic)
5. Alter the Ending (Dashboard Confessional)
1. 1 John 2:6 “Whoever claims to live in Him must walk are Jesus did.”
2. Proverbs 16:3 “Commit to the Lord whatever you do and He will establish your plans.”
3. Acts 2:46 “Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to number daily those who were being saved.”
4. Romans 8:26 “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.”
5. 1 Corinthians 10:31 “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
Moments: (It’s hard to pick just 5!)
1. Graduating from Bethel College
2. Great Senior year shenanigans (Pilot Olympics/Futsal/Campus Golf)
3. Missions trip to South Africa
4. Coming to Korea to teach English and make gobs of new friends!
5. Student Teaching
6. My good friend Jen’s wedding up in Detroit.
7. My first (and hopefully last) kidney stone, “Dwayne Johnson”.
8. Trip to NYC with long time friend Bryan Munoz
I hope you enjoyed my favorites of 2010. I’m really looking forward to 2011 and all the great memories that God has in store for me and you! Please stay tuned for more updates and God Bless! I will leave you with this final video that my friend Stephen and I made for his now wife as a gift on their wedding day. Enjoy! Click HERE for video.